The Anritsu Coherent OTDR MW90010B is a portable device that can locate faults in submarine cables up to 20,000 km. It has a wider wavelength range than previous models and a built-in tunable light source. The MW90010B is 40% lighter than the previous model, making it easier to transport and use.
Here are the key features of the product:
- Locates faults in submarine cables up to 20,000 km
- Wider wavelength range (1527.60 to 1567.13 nm, ITU-T grid 50GHz step)
- Built-in tunable light source with ±0.05 nm wavelength accuracy
- Reduced weight for better portability
The MW90010B is ideal for use by telecommunications companies, submarine cable operators, and other organizations that need to maintain the quality of their submarine cable networks.
Here are some technical terms used in the product description:
- OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer): A device that measures the characteristics of optical fibers in submarine cables with optical repeater amplifiers.
- C-band: Abbreviation for Conventional-band; wavelength band with the lowest fiber loss. Used for Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) used in submarine cables.
- Landing station: Dedicated facility for bringing submarine cables onto land and functioning as a relay point to the land network.