This webinar will provide a basic understanding of what differentiates real-time spectrum analyzers from traditional analyzers; give insight into how the digital FFT processing works; the drawbacks of digital FFT processing and how those are overcome in modern RTSA implementations; and provide an overview of how real-time high speed displays are created to provide insight into signals that change so fast it is beyond the capabilities of the human eye to observe.
You will learn:
- Comparison of traditional spectrum analyzer architectures to that of the RTSA
- Provide an overview of the Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)
- Discussion of FFT windowing, why it is necessary, and how it is used accurately represent signals
- Presentation of the key RTSA specifications, how they are defined, and why they are important
- Description of key display techniques that exploit the nature of the RTSA and make it possible for the human eye to capture fast changing signals