With new 5G standards recently completed, technology suppliers are on the verge of introducing new capabilities to their commercial product portfolios that enable advanced new services and enhance network capacity and performance.
This session investigates the importance of 3GPP Release 16 and how these capabilities will contribute to the next wave of 5G networks and services. Discussion includes:
• Overview of Release 16 features and capabilities
• Migration to 5G standalone and network slicing
• The outlook for “beyond smartphone” 5G applications
• Role of 5G in cyber-physical systems and machine communications
• A look ahead to Release 17